Randy wrote:

"Mini-vans may not be cool (or at least the original ones were not - the new
Honda and Toyota vans have some style that the early Chrysler vans
lacked) but they are very utilitarian. Lots of room to haul people and stuff.
My neighbor hauled home tons of stone with his old beat up Chrysler mini-box
and hauled away tons of junk to the dump as well. Removable seats made that
possible. Put them back in and take the family shopping etc.
Cheaper and more versatile than the SUV."

Many of the early models were crap. But, they were a brilliant idea.  Later
they were much improved.  My mother had a Chrysler Town and Country with all
the bells and whistles and a 3.8 V6.  She loved it.  She and my step-father
towed a pop up camper with it on a 3 month trip out west through the rockies
and all over the Dakotas, Wyoming, etc.   It ran perfectly.  After they sold
the pop-up, she continued to drive it until she traded it off for a Volvo
Wagon.

Don Snook