There isn't much of a "beach" there, maybe a bit of sand at low tide, and yes, everything up to the high tide line is public. That would not have worked on me, we would have had a discussion on the matter which might have involved suggestions as to what they could do to themselves.

Kalmus beach is just down the way a bit, to get there you have to drive past the "compound" in back. It's a nice beach, went windsurfing there a few times as the wind blows pretty nicely on shore there usually.

--FT