I don't know the R107 tops, but on the R129 tops there is a rod and the frame
that are bolted together that the bolts can break on if the top is forcibly
opened or closed. The rod is pretty expensive ($200) and I've heard of people
drilling out the connecting bolt and chasing out the threads with a tap.

I can't imagine having to replace a whole top frame because a bolt has broken
off. He might have to remove some of the fabric to get to it, however.

Dan

Sent from my iPad