I am going to look at a W126 tomorrow that has clear coat peeling on the roof.
The rest of the car might be OK, so I’m trying to get a feel for what I might
be getting into should I want to buy it.

As an interim approach, can the edges of the clear coat be feathered and just
polished or buffed out so it blends into the surface?

I assume that clear coat could be reapplied to seal the area back up again?

Any paint enabled folks here who want to comment or make recommendations would
be appreciated.