When my 240D had that problem I was told I'd have to strip all the clear and
recoat, that it'd just keep peeling otherwise.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Dan Penoff via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   I am going to look at a W126 tomorrow
that has clear coat peeling on the roof.  The rest of the car might be OK, so
I’m trying to get a feel for what I might be getting into should I want to buy
it.

As an interim approach, can the edges of the clear coat be feathered and just
polished or buffed out so it blends into the surface?

I assume that clear coat could be reapplied to seal the area back up again?

Any paint enabled folks here who want to comment or make recommendations would
be appreciated.