I usta enjoy puddle jumper trips occasionally to Traverse  City, too.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "OK Don via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ?

At least the old ones like mine - the newer ones have too much added
complexity - electric this and that, retracting gear, etc. I think of it
more as the '57 Chevy of aircraft - not up to Mercedes standards of
elegance. I do regularly see 1400 fpm climbs out of pattern, but stick with
500 - 700 to cruise altitude to keep the cylinder heads cool (pre- cowl
flaps model). I didn't think it was fast on this last trip (Traverse City,
MI - Boston - Utica NY - home) as we had head winds on EVERY leg. Ground
speeds were 120 - 125 most of the way.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Larry T via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com