From a money perspective you're paying say $90/yr plus your time. Mobil 1 5w40
at Autozone here is $29/gal full price so you'd be almost 3 times the cost in
oil but 1/3 the cost in filters and 1/3 the time which for me is the most
valuable part.
Of course you don't have to worry about cold starts, at 0F with 15w40
conventional oil forget it, just plug the car in and wait. With synthetic give
it an extra few seconds after the car starts and drive away...
-Curt

      From: Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "d...@penoff.com" <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 10:13 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Q for Larry

Curt,

Do you have that backwards? I can't imagine running 15W-50 in the winter in
your neck of the woods. It would be like molasses, I would think.

I currently run Delo 15W-40 in the SDL with 3000 mile changes. I believe
strongly in the interval more than the oil, so it doesn't make a lot of sense
to use something like M1 in the car with that short of an interval.

A 2-1/2 gallon jug is around $26 at Wallyworld. Add $10 for a filter and an oil
change costs me roughly $30. I will probably change oil 2-3 times this year.

Dan

Sent from my iPad