I understand, since it's a synthetic I'm sure it flows far better in cold temps
than a conventional oil.

In the higher mileage M119s I've had I run 15W-50 M1 and change every 7500,
maybe 10k in the older son's car, since his mileage is almost all highway. The
only reason for using the higher viscosity oil is to keep idle pressures up in
high temperatures. In both M119s with over 275k the idle pressure drops
perilously close to 1.0 bar during the hottest times of the year with
everything turned on.  If I use the 15W-50 idle pressures are more like 1.5 bar
under similar conditions.

Time isn't an issue for me. If it's one of my cars, I just pull it into the
garage, get out the vacuum extractor, pump it up, stick in the hose and go off
to do something else. 30 minutes later I'll come back, swap the filter, fill it
up with fresh oil and check levels. I spend 15 minutes total changing oil, if
that.

Dan

Sent from my iPad