I may not have been clear on that (no pun intended.)

The finishes I saw that failed consistently were almost all clear coated.

As Bob will probably concur, the damage the sun can do to any finish down here
is pretty amazing.

On a related note, I have a friend who has a cattle ranch out in a rural part
of the county. Right next door to them is a state university site where they
test paint finishes for environmental exposure.  They have this area with all
of these panels with paint samples on them that are left out in the elements
for years to see how they're affected.

Dan

Sent from my iPad