Hey Curley!

I'm afraid I cannot be much help. Over the past 5 years I have gone totally to AmsOil products and am extremely happy with them. I use AmsOil full Synthetics in my Porsche 911 and 91 300D, but of course, I still see people who use all kinds of oils. BTW, recent oil tests on all my vehicles and the tests came back extremely clean. I was thrilled with the reports ;-)

The oil business is always playing with their formulas and I cannot keep up with them. Sorry - I know nothing about Castrol's Synthetic and can't help there either.

Valvoline makes a great product but if you want to try something different I recommend Amsoil - I can sell it to you or you can get an inexpensive "dealership" which cuts your cost dramatically. Shipping is very reasonable as well. I am very happy with it - it holds up well and does not seem to drop viscosity when the engine gets up to full temp.

Here's some info on the Amsoil Base Stocks:

http://knowledgebase.amsoil.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50176.aspx?Keywords=base+stocks

I don't like to appear to be advertising on this forum so I will reply privately to future comments. I can help with pricing as well.

Have a great day!