I found this:
http://w124-zone.com/downloads/MB%20CD/W124/w124CD1/Program/Maintenance/sheets86_97.pdfwhich
 suggests every 5,000 miles for diesels '86-'97, 7,500 for gassers.
-Curt

      From: Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "d...@penoff.com" <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 2:04 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Q for Larry

I have a 8 quart model of this:

http://www.liquivac.com

So, as an oil guy, you're saying that I could go longer than 3000 miles between
changes without concerns? This doesn't surprise me at all, but I would also be
curious to see what Mercedes used to recommend for change intervals on the
OM603. I realize their info would be dated, but it would be interesting to know
just for the heck of it.

And yes, I'm all too familiar with the marketing efforts of the oil places to
push the "every 3000 miles" stuff. My understanding of it is far more dated,
and goes back to the 1980s.

Dan

Sent from my iPad