You need to have a different kind of dimmer switch for them apparently. I put in a bunch of dimmer switches in the new constructions, and then got to thinking about replacing some of the halogens with the chinee LEDs, but in looking at the dimmer switches now I see some are rated for the Curley lights and LEDs and some aren't. I'm not sure how that works, if the dimmer actually PWMs the lights or what; whereas, the standard dimmers are just resistive or something. Or if the dimmable LED has some kind of PWM circuit that detects a lower voltage from a standard dimmer then PWMs the light and the power supply doesn't do anything since it is just stepping whatever AC voltage down to what the light wants (5VDC or whatever).

--FT

On 9/19/16 2:24 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
I've been happy with every LED I've used in the last couple years. Just got some
"dimmable" units to put in a ceiling fan. They don't really dim the way
incandescents do, they drop to about 2/3 brightness and below that they quit. Still they
pull 5w each instead of 40 and and light the room nicely. These bulbs are really small
and unobtrusive, expensive though, I think I paid $10 each.
I've been paying $5 each for Sylvania 800 lumen LEDs at our local hardware
store, replacing the cheap curly CFLs that I never really liked.
-Curt

       From: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
  Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 2:19 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Strange effect
I bought some of the LED "shop lights" from Costco a few weeks back and
put them in the garage.  Those things put out some really good light,
maybe more than the tubes, were like $25 each, come on immediately, are
in a format just like the 4ft tube fixtures. They weigh nothing so easy
to hang.  I might get some more to replace the tube fixtures I have in
there.

--FT