      From: fmiser via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:59 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Strange effect

> I had a 100w equivalent CFL
> 75w equivalent LED

RANT

Those number are useless.  And pointless.

What any of us care about is lumens and/or watts.  Since there is
no standard for "equivalent" I see really goofy numbers like 500 l
listed as a  "60W equivalent" - and the 60 W incandescent lamps I
use are 800-900l.  Just learn a new number - once.  Find out how
many lumens you want/need and purchase that - whether it's CFL,
LED, HPS, halogen, carbon arc.

Soon we could have "equivalent to a 60 W equivalent CFL".

/RANT