on that note: In the past month, the only parts I have had to buy was the engine shock for the 240D. That means no "car payment" this month! Sincel about a year ago, I have been doing a lot of fixing, and ordering parts. A lot of it was deferred maintenance. Even the neglected 240D has a new exhaust, after 20 years of patching the old one together until it was pretty much bandaids holding the bandaids together. When I took the old exhaust off and salvaged the hose clamps, there was only the front pipe from the manifold to the bend to the aft (about 20") left.

It also has new motor mounts, a new air cleaner, the transmission modulator adjusted; new front end parts etc. The old 240D sounds good, is smoother and shifts better. The trans has been "on the way out" for 10-15 years, but has not died yet...
rogerhga--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 21, 2016 at 6:06 AM
No, this car is TOO NICE for any of the "bottom feeders" on this list (and that includes me) :-))) This car appears in TOO good a condition so what would anyone have to spend hours of time fixing / repairing? Pass on this one.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.