I got a second reply from the actual lister, he realized it was the wrong
picture. Then asked me if it was a V6 from a '92 300E...
-Curt

      From: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:09 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] very rare 603 engine

If he was putting diesel fuel in a 300E, no wonder he had to junk the
non-running car.

   Curt Raymond via Mercedes  September 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM  In his reply to me
he doubles down on it being a diesel. He swears he was driving the car with the
diesel engine in it.
I pointed out the spark plugs, the wrong oil filter, lack of turbo, lack of IP.
We'll see what he says...