What a freaking ripoff. I used to pay $16/Yr for a license plate for a 240D. Then in the 90s they doubled it to 32. Now it is $51! In some states,an antique plate is one 50 to 75 fee then free after that .

What do your states charge for license for a 123 or other car over 25 years old? I am sure IL and NE states are worse. I am sure our state looked at what IL charges and upped the price to be closer to the biggest ripoff state not on a coast, IL.

They have a antique plate, but it can only be used driving to or from a show, so it is worthless unless you have a model T. WI used to be really good for "collector" plates, but the Madison commies ruined that.