From: Curley McLain [mailto:126die...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:25 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] No car payment this month Was: A car for poos

on that note:  In the past month, the only parts I have had to buy was the
engine shock for the 240D.  That means no "car payment" this month!
Sincel about a year ago, I have been doing a lot of fixing, and ordering parts.
 A lot of it was deferred maintenance.  Even the neglected 240D has a new
exhaust, after 20 years of patching the old one together until it was pretty
much bandaids holding the bandaids together.  When I took the old exhaust off
and salvaged the hose clamps, there was only the front pipe from the manifold
to the bend to the aft (about 20") left.

It also has new motor mounts, a new air cleaner, the transmission
modulator adjusted;  new front end parts etc.   The old 240D sounds
good, is smoother and shifts better.  The trans has been "on the way out" for
10-15 years, but has not died yet...