      From: Donald Snook <d...@snooklawllc.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:46 PM
 Subject: RE: [MBZ] 1972 Town and Country wagon on BAT

Speaking of HP numbers a friend of mine secretly purchased an 83 Cadillac
Fleetwood Brougham Coupe recently. I was doing a little research for him.  The
4100 engine is rated at 135 HP.  I was wondering just how small a car you would
have to buy now for such low horsepower.  I discovered that a 2016 Nissan
Sentra has a 1.8L 4 cylinder that produces 130 HP.  Or a 2016 Toyota Corolla
with a 1.8L produces 132 Horsepower.  Isn't it amazing to look back at cars we
thought were fast and see they were producing 150 (or less) Horsepower!  Now,
175-200 HP is pretty ordinary and available on relatively cheap and small cars.
 It surprises me how far we have come.

I think it is also interesting to think about the fact that 150,000 miles is
pretty typical with newer cars.  Now, a cheap mid size car will run for 200,000
miles without many major repairs.  Remember the days when that was only true
for Mercedes and a few other cars?

Don Snook