That same sort of thing happened in OK as well - thanks to our very blue
legislature . . . The DMV just follows the law, passed by the idiots that
were elected.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM, clay via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> I just purchased an 86 SDL and wanted it to have vintage plates.
> Washington allows the use of period correct plates or you get the collector
> plates they issue.  Their plates are $65, to use your own vintage plate is
> $35.
>
> That said, the DMV has jacked up all the fees to register your car.
>
> I purchased the R107 and it was tagged as normal car.  Pay the 10% tax,
> get some more fees paid and it was on the road like a normal car.  I got
> some vintage plates and paid $35 at renewal one year and never have to pay
> or get inspected again.  That was a few years ago.
>
> The w126 turned into a prison rape.  I had an affidavit from the seller
> (federal prosecutor) as to sales price.  When I went in to register that
> car, the dame at the counter disregarded the thing, decided the car was
> valued at the magnificent price the state deemed it to be, then charged me
> a full year as a standard car, with all fees that entailed, purchase of a
> new set of plates (which I did not need), and then the fees to use my own
> vintage plates, along with  tax on the actual price I paid.   That was
> around $200.
>

> clay
>
> 2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
> 1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
> 1986 SDL - Polei
>
> retired models-
> 1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
> 1972 220D - Gump - She was green, simple and ran
> 1995 E300D - Gave her life to save me against a Dame in a SUV
> POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers
>

> > On Sep 21, 2016, at 8:13 AM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > What a freaking ripoff.  I used to pay $16/Yr for a license plate for a
> 240D.  Then in the 90s they doubled it to 32.  Now it is $51!   In some
> states,an antique plate is one 50 to 75 fee then free after that .
> >
> > What do your states charge for license for a 123 or other car over 25
> years old?  I am sure IL and NE states are worse.  I am sure our state
> looked at what IL charges and upped the price to be closer to the biggest
> ripoff state not on a coast, IL.
> >
> > They have a antique plate, but it can only be used driving to or from a
> show, so it is worthless unless you have a model T.  WI used to be really
> good for "collector" plates, but the Madison commies ruined that.

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg