Y'all can set up the shell corporation that will "hold" all the assets. I hear Panama is pleasant, find a local law firm not that big one. Find some local property in a "disadvantaged" area or one of those local special economic zones.

I can do the proposal, we need to get it in before Nov 8 when Hope Changes to disappointment.

This reminds me of a site visit I paid to a federal contractor on the South Side of Chitcago many years ago. They were doing some kind of software testing (supposedly). We drove by the supposed address several times then finally realized it was a warehouse behind a tall fence with razor wire and a guard tower at the gate. We thought it was a jail or something, but was more to keep the criminals out rather than in. So we finally get buzzed in and drive around the property looking for something that looks like an office, finally decide the only way in was a small glass door in the front side, with one window. We go in, there are 3 or 4 broken chairs, like plastic and lawn chairs in the "lobby." There is another locked door, we bang on that for some time, finally some young guy comes and opens it, steps out into the "lobby." We introduce ourselves (me, another colleague, some military guy, and some civilian gummint guy). He finally says he will take us back to where the work is being done (securely, supposedly). We go through the door into an empty warehouse, fairly sizable, with one plastic folding table sitting kinda in the middle with a computer and monitor on it. It was not plugged into anything. The visit kinda went downhill from there, this kid had no idea what was going on, he had just been told to show up there, set up this "facility" and show us around, which took no more than 30sec.

So we leave, the gummint guys want to stop somewhere to make phone calls (pre-cell phone) so we find a fast food place somewhere nearby (the military guy "looked like them" so that kinda helped us crackas there). They come back in awhile and tell us the FBI had raided the place a week or two before, hauled off everything. The president of the company (DBE) had been arrested but was out on bail or something and had his "employee" set this visit up. No one had bothered to tell the project manager, this military guy. Oh well. Turns out the company owner was connected to some City Council member who represented this area, his brother or something, and was running various local scams until he got on to the federal DBE gravy train. Unfortunately he was not aware that the feds play by very different rules...

So we were pretty much done by 10AM, the military guy, a young lieutenant, had lived not far away so we dropped him off at his mother's place and we had the rest of the day to kill to wait for our flight that evening back to Boston. The other gummint guy was all noodgy, thinking he was not going to get paid for the day since he wasn't "working." We finally got him organized and went downtown and did some sight-seeing and a nice long lunch before heading back to ORD.

--FT (I'm with H->er!)