I disagree.  I think he is very concerned about Republicans refusing to vote
for him.  It won't make a difference in solidly blue states and it won't make a
difference in solidly red states. But, as usual it will come down to the swing
states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Missouri, and to a lesser extent, Nevada
and Virginia.  I think the fact that North Carolina is up in the air is the
best indication that Trump needs Republicans badly to swallow their
disappointment and vote for him.

I can tell you exactly who I blame for all this.  It is the 15 other Republican
candidates who had no chance to win entering the race and muddying up the
waters and even worse staying in MUCH too long.  If it had been a race between
2-3 or even 3-4 candidates early on, one of them could have solidified their
position and taken on Trump.

Whether you like him or not, this would be completely different election if it
was Jeb Bush v. Clinton.  For one thing, the whole Bush dynasty wouldn't have
been an issue because the same argument applies to Hillary.  He would have
looked like a boy scout compared with the scandals surrounding both Hillary and
Trump.  And while the conservatives wouldn't have wanted Bush, they would have
flocked to Bush when the alternative was Hillary Clinton.   So, when it all
goes to hell when either one of them is elected, just remember to blame:

Lindsey Graham
Scott Walker
Rick Perry
Ron Paul
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
Jim Gilmore
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki

If it had started with Rubio, Cruz, Bush, Kasich, and Trump.  It would have
whittled down a lot faster and Bush, Rubio, or Kasich would have been SO MUCH
better.

Don Snook