I just had to share this:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5796811942.html

Ok, so it's not a perfect car, but could potentially be worthwhile to look at.
So I drop the seller a line and ask about the "needs a few things" comment.
Here's their reply:

> Brakes: power vacuum assist has an issue - more like manual brakes right now
> - intermittent
> and one of the calipers should be replaced - it wouldn't release so the left
> rear caliper is not connected right now
> Motor Mounts:  Should be replaced - vibrating but not bad when driving
> Windows:  two do not work - the other two work
> AC - blows cold for a few months - then needs a can of refrigerant to
> replenish it.
>
> Car starts every time and runs good.  Interior is descent.  No cracks in dash.
> Paint looks nice.

Wow. "Paint looks nice."  That makes me breathe easier.

So I politely suggest that some of these are rather critical items that
potentially render the car unroadworthy, not to mention are substantial
repairs.  Their response:

> It's an asking price, not a demanding price.  Make an offer.

$100?

Holy mother of pearl. I continue to be amazed at the level of stupidity.

Dan

Sent from my iPad