On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 04:23:56 -0400
Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> And I forgot to question " EV and Plug-in Hybrid...are better, faster,
> cleaner, cheaper to buy, cheaper to operate and cheaper to maintain than
> gas cars.  Its just the public is not aware of that yet."
>
> OK, please make me aware!  I'd really like to see the numbers supporting
> those claims.  Economics (aka reality) wins every time.
>
> Gerry - I do thank you for posting - challenging assumptions and finding
> new ways to solve old problems is fun.
Thank you. That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me about cars since I
bought a Prius.
The article was about eliminating gas and diesel cars in GERMANY, but for some
reason people thought it was about doing so in America which is highly unlikely
for the reasons given.
Personally, I like having a very economical, but rough riding, gas burner such
as a Prius when fuel prices are high, and a very old, easy to fix, smooth
riding Mercedes diesel to drive when fuel prices are low.
Gerry
> -------------
> Max
> Charleston SC
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:46 AM, Max Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You forgot "evacuate from a hurricane, requiring hours and hours creeping
> > along in a traffic jam with AC blasting". No Tesla would make it. Many cars
> > need refueling during such an event. The demise of the internal combustion
> > engine has been predicted many times....
> > --
> > Max Dillon
> > Charleston SC
> > '87 300TD