In 1945, one of my older brothers and I rigged a gal. paint can with nail holes in its bottom on the roof of a farm shelter to serve as a shower. We put a wash/laundry tub on top of the shelter and filled it with water each morning. At the end of each day, we would pour the solar-heated water into the "shower head" for each other. I'd bet we were the only farm, boys for miles around getting a daily shower. I was already an innovator at only 11.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>; "Karl Wittnebel" <atypical...@gmail.com>; "mercedes@okiebenz com" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; "Donald Snook" <d...@snooklawllc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Matthew

We've got one of the shower bags at camp, works best if we bring water inside the night before. It's way easier to heat 60 degree water than 40...

CurtOut refilling 1# propane cans for the propane heater.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote: After Hurricane Andrew hit, I went down to the area with a team from Habitat for Humanity and some guys from my church. We camped out in a Church that had rebuilt a big all purpose building and the facilities were pretty primitive. We figured out the best way to shower was using this exact method. It was always a battle to try to be the first few people to shower at the end of the day after the sun had heated the water. It was good for about 3 very quick showers before the warm water ran out and the only choice was straight from the garden hose!

Don Snook