Indications are that the bent #1 rod comes from coolant leaking into the #1 cylinder when the head gasket fails. No proof. If I found a non-oel burning rodbender, I might try just changing the head gasket. If I did not have 2 good spare engines, I would change the head gasket for sure! I'd guess 90-95% probability that would fix it so long as there is no prior damage.

Dan--- via Mercedes <>
October 12, 2016 at 6:09 PM
But is that really all that is necessary? Nothing beyond a head gasket and you're good?

Sent from my iPad

To search list archives