Well I have a problem with my ignition switch when I got home tonight.  I had
trouble turning the switch to the off position, I had to apply unusual pressure
to get it to the off position. Yes the transmission lever was in the park
position. I put the key back in and tried to turn it to the accessory position,
but it wouldn’t turn at all. I tried my spare key with the same result, could
not turn it out of the off position. Will need to see if I can the whole
assembly out. Is there a way to get the tumbler set out besides turning it to
release position to insert the release pin.

Not sure what I need to do next? I guess it is possible to wear the switch to a
none work condition.

Bob Massmann
1995 E300D 448,000 miles