It should have lower compression due to the head gasket leak, not the
ovalled cylinders. If it is sucking oil or coolant into the cylinder, it
should also leak ait out when you check the compression.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> It is is really bad, yes, but not if it is not really bad yet.  Cyl could
> be ovalled, but not show yet on compression.
>
> OK Don via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> October 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM
>> Compression check?????
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <
>>

>> Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
>> October 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM
>> How do you tell if it is ok now without taking the head off?   If the
>> seller slips up and says it burns oil or loses antifreeze, you know it is
>> not good.  But there is no way to know if it is good without measuring the
>> cylinder that I know of.
>>

>> Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> October 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM
>> If it's OK now, wouldn't it be worth rescuing before it goes bad?
>>
>> --R
>>

>> Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> October 13, 2016 at 12:32 PM
>> Talked to the owner just now. Engine has never been opened. Ouch. He
>> knows about the OM603 issues.
>>
>> "Just drive it until it starts leaking. Then replace the head gasket!"
>>
>> Yeah, right.
>>
>> Moving on...,
>>
>> Dan

>> Max Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> October 12, 2016 at 8:50 PM
>> I took the head off a rod bender 140 that showed up at LKQ, the head
>> gasket had failed at the oil gallery in front of the #1 cylinder. I took
>> the head home anyway. Just about heat stroked out, working solo on a
>> summers day...

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg