That site is so far off it isn't even funny. It has my place at 17k... for a 3 story custom house ???? I think it guestamates, this is a rural area with a steady supply of shacks nearby.

----------Robert

Christopher McCann wrote:
My house was valued at 101K by the site...that's 10,000K more than the  PO
payed 6 years ago, but does not take into account the skyrocketing  prices in
my part of Kansas City. I paid $160,000 6 months ago and it  was a good deal.
It has my neighbors houses WAY too low too.
If my house were 2 blocks East, it would be worth over $300,000 - GARUANTEED (or however you spell that word)...AMAZINGLY, the website does reflect the higher values of houses two blocks away into account...and is probably closer with those. That is impressive. But it is so far off on my block that one must conclude it is grossly inaccurate. If I offered my house for anywhere near what that site values it at, it would be sold within hours. Ditto for my neighbors. Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  <
with taxes and escrow and the like, it comes to over a grand a month.  i
consider that a lot of money.>>

The new website www.zillow.com purports to give market prices for any house in the country by simply entering the address. The possible market values of houses in my neighborhood that I see every day is truly astonishing. Who knew?

I've been looking up all my friend's homes just for fun.

RLE/Seattle

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf" -1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"