Agreed.  I am toying with the possibility of replacing the condenser with one
of the later 3(?) pass versions that are being sold to increase the efficiency
of the system on R134a.

That’s once I can find a nice W126 diesel to replace the S420.  Still looking,
so let me know if you see anything worthwhile.

Dan