On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 13:11:38 -0500 "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> You have to be able to turn the key to release the big plug off the
> back. You are probably going to have to break the connector or cut the
> wires and splice in the connector from the other car which will be a
> big pain on the ass.

Or try the "Wilton Procedure" to vibrate the key in the lock with hopes
of getting it to turn one last time.

Craig

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 15, 2016, at 11:31 AM, Robert Massmann via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well I got the steering lock out steering colum. I ground the locking
> > pin until the assembly came out since I couldn't get the key to turn.
> > Semi good news is that the same lock mechanism is in my dead 87 "190
> > 2.5 Turbo diesel.
> >
> > Question should I be able to pull the connector plug on the end of
> > the ignition switch with the tumbler still in place or will I have to
> > start cutting.
> >
> > The plan is to use the steering lock and tumbler from the 190 and get
> > a matching tumbler for the E300D, so I do not have to dig into and
> > change all the locks over!
> >
> > Bob Massmann
> > 1995 E300D
> >
> > -----Original Message----- From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes
> > Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:04 PM
> > To: Mercedes Discussion List
> > Cc: Mitch Haley
> > Subject: Re: [MBZ] New Ignition Switch Issue 95 E300D
> >

> > You're going to wish you'd never turned it to "lock" when it didn't
> > want to go. Wilton got lucky, attached his key to a vibrating detail
> > sander and buzzed the cylinder wafers into the 'unlocked' position
> > one last time so he could remove the cylinder.
> >
> > Mitch.

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '82 240D/3.0   Bluebell   285 kmi (Still need to fix leaking
                                            oil pressure gauge and do
                                            something about the failed
                                            hood paint and attend to the
                                            headlight switch -- and now I
                                            need to do something about the
                                            broken left rear trailing arm)
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville Van (affectionately dubbed the BRV,
                                         the Big Red Van)

Past:    '95 E320       Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420       Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '64 190Dc      Emma