For Andrew, I don't think a roach will work.

--FT

On 10/15/16 2:59 PM, Dwight Giles via Mercedes wrote:
Yes I was going to say. If no butts fold over matchbook cover

Dwight Giles Jr.
1982 300CD
1990 300D
Wickford RI

On Oct 15, 2016 1:49 PM, "Floyd Thursby via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

Wasn't that the ciggy butt fix?

--R

On 10/15/16 1:11 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:

The tach in my 1983 300TD runs only briefly after I fiddle with it
(stuffing something under the retaining collar to tighten the contacts).
I'm thinking it's either the gauge in the instrument cluster  or  slightly
corroded pins in the sending unit.  Easiest option would be to apply
Deoxit
which I don't currently own.

Question:  Which type of DeOxit should I purchase that suits this
application?  Is it OK to spray into the femaie housing or just onto the
male pin assembly?  There are several types on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=deoxit&_sop=1

TIA,

Andrew
1985 300TD diamond blue/blue