From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Strasfogel via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:11 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Andrew Strasfogel
Subject: [MBZ] Deoxit question

The tach in my 1983 300TD runs only briefly after I fiddle with it
(stuffing something under the retaining collar to tighten the contacts).
I'm thinking it's either the gauge in the instrument cluster  or  slightly
corroded pins in the sending unit.  Easiest option would be to apply Deoxit
which I don't currently own.

Question:  Which type of DeOxit should I purchase that suits this
application?  Is it OK to spray into the femaie housing or just onto the
male pin assembly?  There are several types on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=deoxit&_sop=1

TIA,

Andrew
1985 300TD diamond blue/blue