Mine is working OK, but since capacitors age and eventually fail, I want to be
proactive and see if I can source replacements.  I’m also wondering if it would
work better with newer caps in it - I don’t have a point of reference, but
figured I could swap them in to see if they made a difference.

I assumed the capacitors worked with the pump to make it vibrate. I’ve got to
pop the cover again and trace out the circuit to see.

I can’t imagine the red light would be difficult to source.  I don’t have mine
open right now but next time I do I’ll take a look.

Dan