NOAA did some high-res satellite imagery of the 4 days after the storm that are pretty amazing. I still need to look and see if they got me out on the beach Sunday morning http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/matthew/index.html

Kiawah did some surveys right after the storm and found in general 100-120ft of beach and dunes disappeared. It was quite a bit worse a bit further south at Edisto Island and beach.

--R