I got in the S430 (w220 junk) this morning and was met with silence.  The radio
was on, but nobody was talking.  Odd.  Changed to AM, and nothing.  No weather
channel speaking either.  I put a tape in and it was silent.  Tried the NAV and
it did not speak either.  I tried all the volume buttons up and down, with no

Is there a fuse that handles only the sound?  I am thinking this is some build
quality issue that will require the complete removal of a bunch of expensive
bits to remedy.

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei

retired models-
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers