From: "Robert Massmann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Robert Massmann" <rmassm...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:53:51 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fw: New Ignition Switch Issue 95 E300D

Max,

I got hung up trying to remove the steering column and had to grind the
steering lock retaining pin. Normally this pin can be pushed in if the tumbler
is in the run position. Since I couldn't turn the key from the off position, I
had to grind the pin. This allowed me to then pull the steering lock assembly
and try to get the key to work of the steering column, which it didn't and I
then used an abrasive wheel to cut the steel protective ring. Then I had access
to the release pin holes to remove the tumbler set.

I will add to this later as I am getting ready to travel to Seabrook, NH for
work.

Regards,

Bob Massmann
1995 E300D 448,000 miles