Oh that.  I have a spare "can" and neither works for more than a minute or
two, which makes me think the contacts in the receptacle (female unit) need
rejuvenating with Deoxit, or that the tach combination gauge is somehow at
fault (I have several spare gauges but pulling the cluster and resetting in
place it is a royal PIA).