Leave it to a Canadian ad campaign to deliver the most inspiring message of
this U.S. election

Our ever-friendly neighbors to the north have watched from afar a U.S. election
cycle that has broken all norms for civility. It’s created tremendous stress
and surfaced deep tensions within our society. For many, it’s been
disheartening and demoralizing to watch. But Canadians are here to offer a
sympathetic message to lift Americans’ spirits.

Riffing off Donald Trump’s slogan, the Garden, a creative agency in Toronto,
launched a campaign called “Let’s Tell America It’s Great.” It encouraged
Canadians to send videos of themselves telling America all the reasons it’s
already great.

“As their closest friends and neighbors, we thought it was important for us to
do something to cut through the negativity and help remind them that no matter
how bad things might seem, there are a lot of reasons to believe that America
is still pretty great,” the Garden wrote in a Medium post titled, “A Friend in

What resulted was what one might call peak Canada. A diverse group of
individuals sent optimistic videos praising America for everything from its
musical influences to its public policies.

Other Canadians took to Twitter using the hashtag #tellamericaitsgreat to offer
more accolades and moral support.