In 2004 WA had a contested election for governor.  The donkey lost, but
demanded a recount.  It took six months and numerous recounts until she finally
won.  Turned out there were dead people who voted donkey.  Prison residents
voted donkey.  Dead felons voted donkey.  Wetbacks voted donkey.  Family pets
voted donkey.   A number of people of color voted for the donkey a number of
times.  Given the number of fraudulent ballots cast, I have no idea how the
final count came out in favor of the donkey after they had lost every count up
to that point with all the fraudulent votes.

clay