On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:42:27PM -0800, Jerry Herrman wrote:
> What is involved in replacing the lower control arm bushings (inner) on
> an 82 240D?  Are special tools needed?  Is this a job that can be done by
> someone with ordinary automotive skills like changing a water pump and
> master cylinder, or is this a job for a professional mechanic with special
> equipment? Thanks in advance.

Well, I'm about to find out for certain soon, since the 78 300D needs similar
treatment. Taking a gander, aside from needing a spring compressor, it
shouldn't be a big deal. Car is going to need an alignment after dropping
the lower control arm. If your car is rusty, you've got your work cut out for
you, literally.