Check out Parts express for speakers.    partsexpress.com

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 29, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Slow day today - I spent a lot of the day doing analysis at work (lots of tie looking at packet data - dull and tedious stuff) so by the tie I got home I wasn’t terribly motivated to do anything.

As stated previously, I replaced the leaking aluminum crush washer on the fuel filter bolt with a #30 cap thread gasket which worked quite well and stopped the seeping.

While I was under the hood I replaced the elbow and tube breather arrangement with the flat hose. So much nicer and cleaner than all that plumbing with the clamps and elbows!

I might tackle the engine mounts tomorrow after work if I feel up to it. If not, maybe just the front brake lines, as those won’t be difficult and shouldn’t take long.

I am starting to research some replacement speakers for both back and front of the car. I want something that’s decent but will be a drop-in replacement. Initial research has shown that Boston Acoustics S45 and S55 fit the front and back, respectively, however, they don’t make them any more. I’m going to do some digging to see what their modern replacements are and if they will fit as well.

I don’t want to make this some ground pounding ghetto blaster, but the original speakers are clearly tired and sounding pretty lousy. They’re intact, but the cones are probably pretty dead by now from age if not exposure to the elements.

Dan
______