When that happened to me, I drove it to my Indy, about twenty miles, after it
cooled off (after I had it towed home).  I broke the drive into two parts,
stopping to let it cool before going over the Ravenel bridge.  A seized rear
axle on that bridge would be seriously no fun.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC