If I'm driving a Benz in the winter I powerslide it once a week. The rule is I
can't lift throttle after the wheels break loose, I have to straighten it out
with steering only. Typically with the 4Matic I'd overcorrect 6-12" the first
time and then get it right every time for the rest of the winter. One winter I
got it right the first time.

With a FWD car, any sliding maneuver usually results in self-correcting
understeer, not much skill involved if it has ABS.
Mitch.