Well, the verdict on the 350SDL’s AC is in, and the dye tells it all - leaking
shaft seal on the compressor.

So I’m wondering how difficult replacing the shaft seal on one of these could
be.  I’ve looked at a couple of examples online and it’s certainly a
straightforward job, the only real specialty item being a shaft seal protector,
if that.

Anyone done a shaft seal on one of these, and if so, how difficult is it?  I
can’t see replacing a whole compressor just because the seal is bad….