> On December 3, 2016 at 9:40 AM Peter Frederick via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> My buddy had a Citation back in graduate school -- rusted like crazy.
> Biggest problems were the standard GM "cheap it till it hurts and take
> off 10%" stuff, bad plastic, instrument clusters that fell apart, poor
> quality parts that fail too soon.

I drove pizzas in mine, got in it 50-100x a day tracking salty slush in the
winter, replaced the driver side floor with plywood around 1987 or so. No other
rust worth mentioning, in ten years in Michigan, which is a lot more than I can
say for my 1975 Honda or my 1977 Saab. Passenger side of the floor was mint when
I pulled the carpet and front seat out to bolt the plywood in. My fuel gauge
died around 180k, but for the first six months it would come back briefly if I
pounded my fist on the dash. After that I just gassed it up every 300 miles
without fail.

Mitch.