Yeah, I don’t cheap out on stuff like brakes, but in this case the boy sourced
them.  I gave him the requisite warning but he’s an adult now, so he knows
better, of course.

Akebonos for me.  Shop around and you can find some good deals on them.  I got
a full set (both axles) for the SL500 from Amazon, as they had the best price.

You can get Jurids or Pagids for probably around $40/axle, maybe even from the
dealer, but you get the dust.

No rocket science here, just drive the pins out, compress the pistons with a
set of channelocks or vice grips using the old pads, blow or rinse everything
off well, grease the edges of the new pads and use the majik MB antisqueal
brake paste on the backs of the pads, slip them in with a set of new wear
sensors, drive the pins back in and button up.

Dan