Curley, when I loaded Win10 over Win7, it kept most of my settings. So, aside
from some small differences, it looks pretty much like Win7 on the surface.
Now, as I said, some of the setting menus, etc. are different, but the search
box quickly brings up whatever you're looking for so not a big problem. I think
the shutdown, go to sleep stuff is somewhat of a carryover from Win7. I
remember when Windows did updates and then rebooted. With both 7 and 10, it
updates about 30%, reboots, and then completes as it reloads. I don't like this
because it can get hung. I think the upgrade completely first and then reboot
is the best approach. Just my thoughts...
Best Wishes and Happy Holidays,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.