That's what I had always thought, but after setting the pump timing cold,
I'm not too happy with the results, so I was wondering if it should be done
on a hot engine.

Careful reading of the FSM for OM60x indicates that it is checked when the
engine is at idle, and then adjusted if necessary, so now I'm beginning to
wonder if I should set when hot.

Wouldn't the timing chain tension change when hot?  If the timing chain
tension changes, then the pump timing could change?

Max
Charleston SC