      From: Kyle Arola via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Kyle Arola <kylearola1...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 9:02 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Best Axle Choice

The boots are fine.

It is the CV joint where it enters the hub that is going bad.  Knocking on
left turns at speed currently from the right rear wheel area.  It is fairly
easy to check the joint and I have done so and it needs a new one.  I did
pull the wheel off and checked the bearings and such and they appear fine,
tho I will most likely replace them as well just to be safe.  It is the CV
joint.  For sure.

Since this is my daily driver I am not interested in putting crappy parts
on it.  I will get with a quality rebuilder and have a set done for me.

Thanks!

Kyle

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:36 AM, tyee165 via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com