pay for great parts.  I don't have a problem with paying for good stuff.  I
do have a problem with buying crap that is supposed to be good and is not.

Kyle

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Its too bad we don't have Rusty anymore, he used to be able to steer us to
good parts based on the returns he was seeing. He had a cheap axle that was
"new" manufacture that he claimed were great. I put a set on my '83 240D
and ran 'em 25,000 miles with no issues...
-Curt

      From: MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: trainpain2...@aol.com
 Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 9:23 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Best Axle Choice

Which ever ones you get make sure they are the later kind that
have the bolt on CV joint on the differential end (canannular).
That way you won't ever have to open the differential again to
change the axle.

That "lifetime isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you ask them
for a clarification you will find that it will be one
replacement. At least that's what it was the last time I asked.

Manfred

Kyle Arola via Mercedes wrote:
Going to replace the axles on Bella, the 1985 Wagon.

I see the average price is right around $95-$130. Chinese parts.

MB part is over $500.

What to do?????

Kyle